Understand ALL of your choices before you decide
Yes! Human life begins at the very moment of conception, this is a scientific fact.
See how your baby is growing here
There are different procedures done depending how far the pregnancy is progressed. These are some of the widely used methods:
This is a chemical abortion that can be done up until 9 weeks. (Requires 3 doctor visits and over 2 weeks to complete)
The first drug given is a steroid drug mifepristone that induces a breakdown of the surroundings the baby has established in his mother’s womb, and eventually destroys the baby.
A second chemical is a prostaglandin which causes cramping and contractions of the uterus. It is designed to push the dead baby out of the mother’s womb.
This surgical abortion that can be done before 14 weeks
The mouth (cervix) of the womb is stretched. Sometimes it is damaged because during pregnancy the cervix is closed tightly to protect the baby. A suction curette (hollow tube with a knife-like edged tip) is inserted into the womb. A strong suction tears the baby into pieces, drawing them into a container. Great care must be used to prevent the womb from being torn and in checking body parts to ensure the abortion is complete.
This surgical abortion done between 13 and 20 weeks
The bones of the baby are larger and stronger by this time, the doctor uses a medical instrument resembling pliers to pull the baby into smaller parts and remove those parts from your body through the cervix, which has been dilated.
This surgical abortion is used up to 32 weeks or beyond
A live, unharmed baby is intentionally delivered feet first allowing his head to remain in the uterus. Using a blunt, curved Mewtzenbaum scissors, the abortionist forces it into the skull. The scissors are spread to enlarge the opening. A suction catheter evacuates the skull contents. The dead, but intact, baby is then removed.
-Excessive bleeding, possibly causing removal of the uterus
-Bleeding sometimes continuing for more than a month after using RU-486
-Infection (ranging from mild to fatal)
-Sometimes parts of the baby are left inside the womb.
-Puncture and tearing of the uterus
-Premature delivery because of damage to the cervix
Post-Abortion Syndrome can occur after an abortion and can be experienced by both men and women. Symptoms are similar to those in any post-traumatic stress disorder and may involve psychological, emotional, physical and spiritual distress.
– anxiety attacks
– outbursts of anger or rage
– aggressive behavior
– difficulty concentrating
– nightmares or sleeping disorders
– recurrent and intrusive thoughts about the abortion or the aborted child
– flashbacks to the abortion experience
– feelings of intense grief or depression on the due dates of the aborted pregnancy or the anniversary of the abortion
– repression or denial of feelings about the abortion
– efforts to avoid activities or situations which remind them of the pregnancy or the abortion
– withdrawal or estrangement from others, especially those involved in the abortion decision
– inability to maintain loving or trusting relationships
– a sense of hopelessness or futility about the future
– diminished interest in previously enjoyed activities
– drug or alcohol abuse
– suicidal thoughts or acts
– other self-destructive tendencies
ALL OF OUR PREGNANCY HELP CENTERS OFFER THE PROJECT RACHEL PROGRAM FREE OF CHARGE. PROJECT RACHEL IS A POST ABORTION COUNSELING AND RECONCILIATION PROGRAM THAT REACHES OUT TO WOMEN, MEN, FAMILY MEMBERS AND MEDICAL PERSONNEL WHO ARE SUFFERING THE AFTERMATH OF ABORTION